Investing in Quality and Patient Safety
Wells Pharmacy Network is a 503A compounding pharmacy. Our commitment to the safety and quality of the preparations we compound is the most important thing we do every day. Our team of experienced clinical pharmacists and registered pharmacy technicians process and verify all orders. Our goal is 100% accuracy every time, no exceptions.
Patient safety at Wells Pharmacy
In addition to meeting all USP <797> sterile compounding and USP <795> non sterile compounding standards Wells Pharmacy Network is among the first in the country to build negative pressure hazardous chemical storage rooms and negative pressure hazardous cleanrooms including prep and ante-rooms in accordance with the new USP General Chapter <800> guidelines providing standards to protect compounding personnel when handling hazardous drugs.
In November of 2016 Wells Pharmacy Network completed a multi-million dollar, 5,000 foot expansion and enhancement of the existing 16,000 square foot 503A Ocala, FL facility. Pharmacy Operations, Quality Assurance, Customer Service and Shipping departments have been expanded to meet the increased demand from customers. Additional state of the art technology and equipment has been added to our pharmacy and additional clinical experts have joined our team, all with the goal to ensure the product sterility and patient safety.
The expansion also focused on equipment and process enhancements to Wells Pharmacy’s in-house endotoxin, sterility, potency, method suitability, particulate, clarity and appearance testing. New state of the art equipment includes:
- Biological safety cabinets (BSC) for compounding hazardous materials
- Class 100 laminar airflow hoods inside our cleanrooms
- Most advanced HVAC systems
- Continuous environmental monitoring system
- State of the art motion detector door systems
Wells Pharmacy has always invested in quality and safety and continues to utilize:
- Third party independent testing to validate in-house test methods
- Chemicals purchased through FDA registered facilities
- Five-point quality control process
- Images of the contents of every order captured during packing and shipping
- Experienced clinical pharmacists and registered pharmacy technicians to process and verify all prescription orders
- PhD Biochemist on site to manage Quality Control laboratory testing process
- Sterility reports available upon request for every order